So I am back from a wonderful holiday and I am trying to get into the swing of things. The problem with starting work on a Thursday is that it is too tempting to just leave everything to next week…..so here I sit…..blogging instead of working. Oh well.
Our holiday was rejuvenating and just what I needed to charge my cells. We took leave in December, but if you remember we spent most of the time fixing up our house to go on show. Relaxing …no! So this holiday was much much needed. The change of scenery, the slow lazy pace, a fabulous birthday celebration and precious time with family. Here are a few photos.
And in the mean time I was nominated for a blog award four times…..YAY! Thanks Mash, Chopper and WannebeMom and Nisey.
Here are the rules:
1.) Winners- Put the above image in your blog.
2.) Include a link back to the person who gave it to you.
3.) Tell 10 things about yourself
4.) Award 15 other bloggers
5.)Contact the bloggers you awarded and let them know they won.
So here goes,
1.I lived in Zimbabwe during my high schooling years and so I didn’t do Matric. Instead I did O and A Levels. I still have a recurring dream that I need to finish my Matric. Its actually quite a bizarre dream because I always have to go back to school at my current age.
2. I grew up with three male influences in my life, my dad, his partner and my stepdad. Our future child will have four granddads.
3. I am of Norwegian decent and my name is actually recorded in a Norwegian heritage book in PE. My great gran was actually one of the original Norwegian settlers who landed in PE. This is why I have such fair skin. (I suppose)
4.I met my husband on a blind date that I did not want to go to. His first ‘move’ was to ask me if I wanted to see the Blair Wich Project which we never got to see. We have been married for ten years this year.
5. I hate anchovies…..blagh.
6. I have become much more cautious when making friends and sharing my soul than when I was younger. But those who have my loyalty will have it forever.
7. I want to write a book about my infertility journey…..even if it never gets published.
8. I would do anything for my family! My cousins are my closest friends and they are AWESOME!
9. I have toyed with the idea of doing another cycle…but with my eggs. I secretly feel I didn’t give them enough of a chance. But I do honestly feel its too late now.
10. I believe that the most important thing you can do is be true to yourself. I have learnt this lesson 100 times during my IF journey and recently I have discovered JUST how important it is.
And now for the nominations……..
1. Sharon http://sharonannevanwyk.wordpress.com/
3. Maritza http://invivo.co.za/
4. Heather http://surviveandthrive.co.za/
6. Tanya http://tan32.wordpress.com/
8. Mommy-in-waiting http://mommyinwaiting.wordpress.com/